Thursday, September 9, 2010

Peter Pan Motor Lodge 1957

I have also collected many items from surounding area hotels and motels and not just items from the Disneyland Hotel. Today, I am posting items from the Peter Pan Motor Lodge from 1957. The address is 2029 Harbor Boulevard but based on the map in the brochure, this establishment was located in the spot that the Jolly Roger Inn is at today. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I am also thinking that there is still a Peter Pan Motel today however it is located on Harbor accross the street and up a short distance (towards Interstate 5) from the old location. I will post some Jolly Roger pictures shortly. If anyone knows otherwise on any of this, please share. In the mean time, hope you enjoy these pictures of the Peter Pan Motor Lodge.



Based on this map, it looks like this establishment is on the corner of Katella and Harbor, where the Jolly Roger is at today.
The rates were not that different than what the Disneyland Hotel charged.

Peter Pan Postcard

Please visit our website at http://www.magicalhotel.com/


2 comments:

walterworld said...

The Peter Pan was farther south on Harbor, not as near the corner as the the map would suggest. It was demolished back in the 90's.

Thanks for sharing info about the other motels surrounding the Park!

NWalker said...

I have always been fascinated by the fact that when Patricia Hearst was kidnapped in 1974, she and her captors hid out in "a motel across the street from Disneyland." The news reports have never mentioned the name of the hotel or motel,and I always wondered if it was one of the places I remember seeing on the way to Disneyland as a kid. I have tried to figure out which one it was, but always got a dead end.
-Norman Walker