Sunday, October 3, 2010

No Theme...Maybe Friday Fun Pics on Sunday

No theme today just some random shots to add. As always, hope you like them.
Pedal Boats which were free to ride the first few years then a fee was charged. I never rode these did any of you?
An interesting angle of the pool.
A suite at the Disneyland Hotel....a bit dated but nice even by today's fashions.


Happy 55th Birthday Disneyland Hotel on October 5th. Sadly, nothing remains from the first years of the Hotel. Of course you can always refresh your memory here.

1 comment:

BamBamWED said...

I can't tell you the joy that your page has brought me! My dear dear great Aunt Jo (RIP) brought me on several Disney trips as a child. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. Eastern Garden "apartments" in 1978, and the SIerra Tower in 1980 and 1983. I was trying to remember when the marina went from being Ports-o-call to Villa Verde. It was between my 1980 and 1983 trip I think. We rode the paddle boats free I think in 1980. I also remember the dancing waters in 78 and 80. We always ate at the Coffee Shop at the Hotel, but in 83 my mother came along and insisted on a steak at El Vaquero. It is fuzzy, but your page is bringing it all back to me.